View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 10:31 PM
amma
Power Poster

We called the balls on a string "clackers"
Scooters had wheels on the bottom of the board and a long pipe in front with handle bars
Jem dolls...my DD#1 wanted one, dad got it for her...so we kept telling her she had been such a good girl, and that Santa was sure to bring her one. Dad's apt was robbed early afternoon on Christmas eve...I frantically called every store and as that was the first year they were out, there was not one to be had in Portland/Vancouver area...I even had police friends checking stores while they were out and about, for me... We ended up wrapping up a note from Santa...explaining that Santa and the elves tried really hard, but could not make enough dolls for all of the good little girls who wanted them..she would be getting her's and Santa would make a special trip to deliver it to her as soon as they made some more of them... She proudly showed her note to EVERYONE!!!
Grama had her tinsel tree and color wheel until she couldn't find another color wheel anymore lol and then she complained that artificial trees didn't look real LMBO