View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 02:15 AM
Nilla

I decided it was time for me to do an update, so here goes: I didn't put myself on a complete moratorium, just a budget. I've done pretty well although last month I lost track of what/when/etc. I went to a Bonnie Hunter weekend in July and seeing her quilts up close made me realize how boring my neutrals are, so I've been picking up a lot of interesting patterned neutrals in FQ or 1/4 yards and cutting them into various strip sizes, but I've been paying attention to price. I've discovered that although some fabrics at WM and HL aren't good quality, some are and they are significantly less expensive than my LQS.

Later this month I'm going to Lancaster for a few days. I'll probably pick up more FQ's but I don't really need or have an interest in buying large quantities. I think I'll be content to browse and just enjoy the creativity of other people's work. I love having my fabric organized. It has shown me how much I already have. Whenever I see a new quilt now, my mind usually goes to all the fabrics I already have and how I could use them to make something similar.