View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 03:43 AM
leatheflea

Default Made using Lori Holt tulip pattern

Grab your sunglasses this ones bright and fun! Lori Holt had a Row-along on her blog that was super cute and free. I saved all the post to an external drive for later reference. For some reason I can't follow a pattern very often. When I saw her blocks I saw other patterns. So I grabbed paper and pencil and designed my quilt using one of her blocks. She has since removed all of the patterns that were free on her blog and put them into a book called "Quilty Fun" , it can be purchased at Fatquartershop sometime within the next couple of months. No my pattern isn't in the book. But I did send her a pic and she loved it. Of course she reminded me not to share her pattern or I'll be beheaded by the copyright police....LOL!

The quilt reminds me of a carnival, I'd love to give is a cute name but I'm drawing a blank. I'm drawing a blank on the quilting also, so right now its just hanging around the studio till I have a quilting epiphany.

The plan is to use up as many scraps as possible. Even the whites in this quilt were scraps from backings. So they don't all match exactly but that's the point right?! Use it all! If you see some seams in odd places that's because I'm trying to make the most of what the scrap boxes have to offer. Don't call the quilt police on me, I've been threatened once already this week.

The border was working out of my comfort zone a bit. I've done this technique on smaller quilts but never on a large (89 x 110) quilt. A quilty friend taught me this technique. The border is appliqued. Long story short, I goofed when sewing the miter corners, one side twisted one full turn. Lucky for me it was a full turn and could be easily fixed by ripping and restitching.

So whatcha think? Any suggestions for a name?
Attached Thumbnails 100_5079-1024x768-640x480-.jpg   100_5080-1024x768-640x480-.jpg   100_5081-1024x768-640x480-.jpg   100_5082-768x1024-480x640-.jpg   100_5083-1024x768-640x480-.jpg