View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 06:21 AM
suziehammond

September Challenge----- A Big Change Coming---------- in the next few months there is A Polar Magnetic Shift

"The sun is gearing up for a major solar flip, NASA says. In an event that occurs once every 11 years, the magnetic field of the sun will change its polarity in a matter of months, according new observations by NASA-supported observatories." ---Link here about what this means; http://www.space.com/22271-sun-magnetic-field-flip.html

While there are a number of doomsday sites out there actual data shows that we will all be fine, just changed.

So what about your big changes this year? Got some life changes happening? New baby in the family? Moved to a new town and life? Lose some you loved?

Express what' s going on in a quilt--the bigger the change in your life the better a subject for your quilt!!!!!

Get the thinking and then go to it.

Remember though these are NOT supposed to be master works! They should be experiments and generally smaller- something you can create in a month or less. Make a 12 x 12 block only if you like. But get your creativity stirred and do something out of your usual mold.

(Quite frankly if we don't get some more actual action happening here I am going to have to shut the thread down as it does take time and effort I could spend elsewhere. 50,000 lookers and little creative input from others means I am on a soapbox on a street corner here----hmm great idea for a little quilt... But the point is for us to share our works techniques and ideas, whether they have to do with the challenge or not)