Thread: This and That
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2008, 09:31 AM
Yvonne

Originally Posted by rb.
Whoa! Yvonne, I REALLY, REALLY don't like pink, nor do I care much for the blue (turquoise?) in your Good and Plenty quilt. But I have to say the quilt is just GORGEOUS! I may not like those colors much, but, boy, do they WORK in that quilt with the black and white patterning. Good lesson to me about color, that's for sure. Good and Plenty is definitely my favourite.
You ladies make me blush! :oops: I'm glad your enjoying looking at my quilts. I need to go back and add another page of my latest efforts. Soon as I find some extra time! Ha! Meanwhile, Thank you so much for your sweet words!

A little background here on "Good and Plenty." It was made for a high school graduate. I asked her mother about colors and her room was black and white with hot pink accents! At first those were the only colors planned for this quilt but the gold and turquoise got involved and they just seemed to work. It was amazing to watch this quilt grow. Nothing was planned ahead, no pattern to speak of. It just "happened!"