View Single Post
Old 09-02-2013, 09:38 AM
RugosaB

This is not quilting related, unless I take the money and buy fabric (which is possible):
When my son went into the navy, he ended up in the nuclear propulsion dept. I always joked that I was going to buy a DeLorean, and have it parked in the driveway when he got home. (Back to the Future came out the year we were married, and I've been a fan of MJF since his early years)
I found out they don't make them anymore, which I knew, but someone went and bought all the parts and is putting them together in Tx, and I found one for $25,000 - 30,000. My husband, jokingly told me to contact Suze Orman and see if I'd get approved or denied after I told her what I wanted to do.
So, I filled out a form on her website, and explained the situation. I got an almost immediate response because they really wanted this, which I answered, but I never heard back
Oh well, maybe they have a filter in their office to weed out the 'just joking' requests.
But wouldn't that be a cool thing?

That was 5-6 years ago, and it's possible I've spent a third of that since then.