Thread: Moving Stash
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2013, 09:38 AM
RedGarnet222
Power Poster

Oh dear ... Moving. I don't envy you. But, I am sure you will be happy when it is all done. I think if you are able to pack like colored fabric together it will make the other end putting away much easier. The kits and things bought to make something special should stay together for sure and maybe placed together in a plastic bag so they don't get separated. I personally would begin at one end of my stash and pack it numbering and labeling each box as I went. If you buy a composition journal and number each box and list it on your page with what is in the box it would be a life saver. They are at walmart two for a buck right now. The other way would be to take a picture of the contents before packing it into the box. Then you know where everything is and in what box. Also, if you put away your stash in the same order you had it in the last house, you will not feel so lost in your new sewing space. Make sense? MAKE sure all of the cords, petals and feet stay together with each machine it goes to even if you have to tape them together or buy an inexpensive generic sewing machine case! How many times have I read on here of a lost cord or petal??

Just try and be as organized as you can with everything and it will pay off in the end of the journey.

Oh, buy colored markers and color on the box, assign each color to a room. Say blue kitchen, green bathroom ... on and on. That way it isn't a where does this box go in the new place.

If you can start now with things you know you won't be using until you arrive at the other house, I would go for it. Why wait and have the whole house to deal with at once?

Last edited by RedGarnet222; 09-03-2013 at 09:51 AM.