Old 09-03-2013, 06:18 PM
auntpiggylpn

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
They were demo'ing it at Hancock fabrics on Sunday. It was on sale for 7.49 for a very small can compared to the Sullivan's adheasive I was buying for 7.49 a can during their notions sale. I looked at the owl applique they had used it on. I raised an edge to see how stiff the fabric was and how well it was stuck. The whole owl head came off the applique! Perhaps they were still working on that piece...
it is a TEMPORARY adhesive spray. Yes, the can is smaller but it doesn't take a heavy application to hold things together. It has no odor at all and leaves no residue or makes the fabric stiff as is the case with some other temporary adhesive spray. What is really cool with this spray is it is extremely useful for cutting out pattern pieces. If you are making a garment of some type, you can spray the Mettler Web onto your fabric, lay down the tissue paper pattern piece and cut it out without a single pin! You can then remove your pattern piece without tearing it. There will be no residue on the tissue or the fabric and neither will be stiff. You can also reposition whatever you are spray basting together several times without losing the bond and the fabric will never be tacky feeling.