Thread: Moving Stash
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 06:31 AM
Snooze2978

Been there, done that. when I decided to put my house on the market, I packed up all my stash in plastic totes, machines in their perspective packing boxes, etc. Never in my wildest imagination did I think it would take 3 years to sell the house. My entire sewing room was in a supposedly A/C storage unit for all that time. But it all came out okay. The plastic totes didn't survive as they put heavier items on top of them and the weight cracked either the container or the lid on most of them. I even found one of my embroider machines at the bottom of a very tall pile and shreked from horror. Since the machine was in its original box with the styrofoam forms around it, the machine came out okay. Sure makes you wonder what these professionals are thinking about when they load up their trucks though. Some of my furniture didn't come out as lucky though.

Good luck on your move. I moved from Florida to Iowa. It was so good to see my sewing room again after all that time. I too put the sewing room off to the side till the rest of the house was unpacked. Hardest thing I ever did.......:-)