View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:27 PM
tessagin
Power Poster

I purchased a pair of ginghers many years ago when I was in my teens. I had them wrapped in newspaper in a box of quilt scraps and blocks I was working on. I was gone the day my dad decided to paint our bedroom as a surprise. Imagine my horror when I got home and he threw the box of scraps into the garbage to be picked up. It was also trash plick up day. I saved babysitting money for those. Back then they were about $10-15.00. I have yet to buy another pair. We had company one day when I was gone again. My niece and GN were over and visited with my DH. GN brought a friend who found herself into my sewing room. GN caught her with my Fiskars cutting a paperclip. DH said GN chewed her up one side and down the other and how I was going to be so mad. GN cried and apologized to me. Love that little girl. She went with me when we bought new scissors. I got her a pair also. She keeps them at my house. Her pair fits her little hands just right and she is very careful with anything at our house. I got the scissors at Michael's when they had a BOGO sale.