Thread: Quick Intro
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Living4Him

Smile Quick Intro

I thought I'd do a quick intro since I've posted a few pics and questions

I'm Kim. I'm mom to 5 home schooling kids ranging in age from 17 months to 17 years. We enjoy doing things together as a family and I'm kept very busy with all of them!
I keep going with joy each day through the grace God gives me

As far as these vintage machines go, this is a new found love. My mom and sister are excellent seamstresses. I always said I didn't get the crafty gene. I really wanted to learn to sew when our third child came along 7 years ago. I wanted to make cloth diapers for her. Right after that I ended up with a Janome, Bernina and a Bernina serger. Not long after I added a vintage Elna. Fast forward a few years and just last week I brought home my pretty little Royal prince and it's all over. I can.not.stop looking at machines! I know you all know the feeling. I just have this desire to dive right in, get a few machines and restore them. I don't know the first thing about it but I know I want to try.

I'm sure that's where you will all come in. I love that I've found this board. I can already tell it's full of fun, and loads of experience! I hope to become someone that can add to its charm. For now, I'll be asking a lot of questions and advice.