View Single Post
Old 09-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Chris48

Default Need some block suggestions!

I found the idea for this quilt on a scrapbook website, its called the Dahlia Cross(if anyone wants the name of the site, please pm me, there are great directions there on the site). I just modified the instructions to fabric and fused medium weight interfacing to one layer of fabric, in place of the double sized paper used in the instructions. I used a dinner plate for the larger circle( its the lower piece) and the other three were cake plate size circles.
I'm wanting to use several different cross block designs for a border around the red base fabric. I made a sample yo-yo for the center of the cross but I think it needs to be larger and so I had to buy a different blue print fabric to have enough for the blocks. I checked Quilter's Cache and couldn't find anything, I was hoping some of you might have some recommendations. I wanting to use something a little different and unique not like the nine-patch cross. Something that when you step back, you see the cross shape. I would appreciate any suggestions, I'm donating the wall hanging to my Sunday School class. They have been such good friends, thought this would be a good way of saying thank you! Chris
Attached Thumbnails cross2.jpg