Old 09-06-2013, 11:46 AM
J Miller

Tammi,

This may not be of any help, but your thread wrapping around the bobbin carrier is a problem I had with one of my 99K, Rusty.

The machine had tension problems big time. I worked and worked and worked on it, but nothing I could see was the cause of the thread and tension problems. There were rusted parts in the top tension and the bobbin area and those were each replaced in turn. But as I tried to sew with the machine the thread would loop underneath badly then wrap around the bobbin carrier and jam up the machine. Nothing I replaced fixed the problem.

Then I sat Rusty beside another machine that worked properly and the problem slapped me in the face.
The thread take up lever was in wrong and never made the full up stroke. This left the top tension loose. One of the parts I had replaced was the TU lever assembly. It came to me broken. I didn't get it in right.
I pulled the face plates from both machines, set them so the good sewing machine's lever was full up, then put the Rusty's needle bar and hook in the same position as the first machine. At that point the take up lever was way off.
I took the TU lever and it's parts out, then put them back in so they matched the other machine. The problem was solved.

This may not be the cause of the Bernette's problems, but since things were twisted around, I thought I'd mention it.

Joe

Last edited by J Miller; 09-06-2013 at 11:48 AM.