View Single Post
Old 09-06-2013, 07:46 PM
n2scraplvr

Originally Posted by Pinkiris View Post
This is really a cute quilt!

I have one question, tho--- In picture #10, you say to cut off the ears, but in picture #11, they are still on the squares. Does it really matter if you cut them off or not??
Thank you, Pinkiris, for loving my quilt!! In picture 11, all ears have been cut off and in pic 12, it's more obvious to see they've been done, especially the orange block in the middle and the block in the upper right-hand corner. Even though it's not necessary to cut the ears off, I'm one of those people who cannot leave that job undone! I just feel better knowing I've cut the ears off. haha. See my little trash can nearby in pic 11? That's where those ears went in my Smart Balance butter container to catch threads, ears, etc. I just couldn't take a pic holding them over the cup with the camera in my left hand, lol, but that's where they went!

I've read years ago that quilters have said it's unnecessary to do that extra step so it's up to you!! BTW, that was a good question!

One question no one has asked yet is if I cut off the excess muslin piece under the scrap. The answer is no, just leave it on! It'll add more warmth to the quilt and be fewer scrap pieces to have to sort and store.

Good luck on your quilt!!