Old 09-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Neesie

Originally Posted by willferg View Post
Seems like the people who discount Snopes are also the people who don't read it...Snopes cites the sources for the information they provide, unlike most of these websites that come out with this stuff. I can usually tell the information is false by the excessive use of exclamation points and emotional language meant to get people upset and concerned.

By all means, skip the artificial sweeteners if they bother you either physically or philosophically – that only makes sense!
It's never a good idea, to assume one knows why another distrusts something or someone.

I discount Snopes as the ultimate authority, because I've read several Snopes claims, I knew for a fact, to be incorrect or biased. Many of us are capable of doing our own research and can tell the difference between opinion and fact. Snopes does a good job, in general. However, it's just not the ultimate authority on everything.

I don't plan to get into a debate but on health-related issues, it's better to research the latest findings from various reputable medical sites. Even still, new side-effects (of drugs, sweeteners, etc.) are discovered, every day.