View Single Post
Old 09-08-2013, 08:01 AM
sewmom

Originally Posted by Ruthie O' Caisse View Post
Hi sewmom, I just love your x's and o's owl quilt. Would love to make one for my niece who is expecting but am not having much luck in finding the size of these blocks. Your post also said the owl applique was found on the internet..... Can you help me and tell where you found the pattern for blocks and the owl? This is my first time posting on the QB and I just love it.
Ruthie, first of all let me welcome you to the quilting board. It's one of the best places to meet new friends and learn more about quilting. You will find the link to the owl applique pattern on page 7 of this thread. It is for wool applique, but mine was fused and then I used an applique stitch around the edges. If you aren't using this method you would need to add seamallowances to turn under. The block is the X and O block from Missouri Star Quilt Company. If you type in x and o block quilt tutorial you will get many links. Make sure that you choose Missouri Star's video. You use 5" squares and 2 1/2" squares to make the blocks. Good luck with your quilt!