View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 12:00 PM
quiltlady1941

Default squaring up a quilt top?

is there a easy way to check to see if your top is square before you put the boarder on... I have a queen top done and it has given me more head aches and now I think it may be off and not square...the quilt is the one on the MSQC tutorial video it is called periwinkle, I thought that it would be a easy quilt to make as you use the paper from the company and the template.

I didn't use the wacky web template that they show in the video as I heard that the points didn't come out right, so I used the one out of the magazine that had the pattern in it, my hubby cut me one out of plastic so it works great but the pieces didn't go together as I thought they would ...like I said I had so much trouble sewing the pieces together and was almost ready to give up...

it was like the quilt didn't lay flat even after I pressed it using spray starch..I don't know if it is because the pieces are cut on the bias or what ..also because I used white for the back ground if you didn't press the seams the right way they didn't line up and you could see that ..hoping that after it is quilted that part of the booboo won't show to much..any help on this problem or if someone could tell me what I did wrong to make the quilt top not lay flat would be great to know for the next time if there will be a next time LOL Thanks so much..
Attached Thumbnails img_1403.jpg   img_1402.jpg