Old 09-09-2013, 06:42 PM
quiltingdragon

Hi All-
I was determined I was going to sew for my secret pals this weekend. I got the pattern out, and that is as far as I got. I just have no energy. One of my beloved high school teachers passed away at only 65 of a massive stroke after surgery. Sunday night was the wake, they quit counting people when they hit 1000. The church was packed this morning with my former teachers, classmates, and music sorority sisters. I never knew it took so much energy to hold oneself together until this past year. I have no blood family nearby except my immediate family, so as a child I made one for myself - a grandma (my next door neighbor), 2 aunts (my other next door neighbor on the other side, and my elementary school music teacher), and a few "other mothers", my best friend's mom and my high school advisor's wife, who is the teacher who passed this week. In the last ten months, I have buried three of my chosen family - my grandma, an aunt, and an other mother, and broken up with the best friend, and her mom ignores my existence. Emotionally, I am a mess. I know I need to take time to heal, and I need to MAKE myself take care of me, because I am no good to anyone else otherwise. Time to clean house both emotionally and physically. I just wanted to let you all know how much you ladies have come to mean to me the last few months, even though I have yet to meet most of you in person. Having a board full of people who listen and care about one another is such a gift. Thank you.