Old 09-09-2013, 08:10 PM
lmc8

Default Know-How Help Request for a White sewing rotary/cabinet/treadle circa 1912

[ATTACH=CONFIG]435089[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435091[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435092[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435093[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435094[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]435095[/ATTACH]

Hello, fellow V&AM enthusiasts. I recently purchased my first antique sewing machine & cabinet pair at Goodwill for $99 [pic1]. By browsing posts on this QB forum, I've received answers regarding how to obtain born date ([email protected]) and where to order a missing belt (lehmans.com); and I now have a few follow-on questions.

Q1... How do I identify which model number it is? The only numbers I found are the serial number plate [pic2] located on the machine bed below the bobbin winder (FR477778); and the number (3) embossed on the underside of the machine [pic3].

Q2... Someone disconnected the pulley system mechanics within the cabinet to raise/lower the machine and I don't know how to reconnect it. The collapsible wooden frame contains two rotating metal pins that I think fit into holes in the back of the machine. The frame underside is bolted to an iron bar at front and back [pic4]. The iron bar extends slightly beyond the back of the wooden frame; and ends with a pin bolt that holds one eyelet end of a wire cable. Then this wire cable is currently hanging loose. I am assuming it is suppose to somehow loop around the pulley attached to the back of the cabinet [pic5], and that the opposite eyelet end should connect to some unknown place on either the cabinet/treadle/machine [pic6]?

Q3... Is it possible to restore the decorative painted details on the machine which are sadly worn but still recognizable? Would it need to be touched up with Rosemalling or should it be repainted black and questionably available decals applied?

Please advise, any little bit of help is appreciated.
Attached Thumbnails 168.jpg   169.jpg   170.jpg   173.jpg   172.jpg  

174.jpg