Thread: Yay! Snow!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:41 AM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Ok, so I realize most people hate the stuff, and normally I wouldn't be thrilled about it myself since I can't even go skiing this year because of the baby in my belly... HOWEVER, I work in Auto Body, and since most people forget how to drive in snow :roll: it means more fender-benders and more work for my garage!
I've been on temporary lay-off since August because there's not much work right now. I would have been off work anyway because of the pregnancy and my job is totally poisonous, but the CSST ( I don't know what the equivalent in the US or the rest of canada is, but basically it pays my salary because I CANNOT do my job without risking the health of my baby, I guess it's kind of like temporary disability?) does not protect me from being laid off. As soon as work pics up again, they would theoretically give me hours again and then the CSST would take over paying me instead of unemployment which only covers 55% max of my salary... so try living off 375 bucks a week. It CANNOT be done, we're in debt over our heads and can't do anything about it until work picks up.
So... YAY SNOW!!!!

Plus, it's not even cold out, it's like -2 or something, and they're calling for snow Wednesday, Thursday and Friday!!
Attached Thumbnails attachment-57835.jpe   attachment-57836.jpe   attachment-57837.jpe