View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 05:15 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Skittl1321 View Post
..........I have a lot of teaching experience, but not with quilting. I'm really worried about time management if I have to troubleshoot beginner quilting issues like eyelashes and tension; but not so worried about time management with the techniques I am meaning to teach.

............What size are quilting workshops usually? I've never been to one before;

................Since it is my first quilting class, they will be guinea pigs. If it goes well, I'll probably start charging attendees.
Since it is your FIRST ... go small!
Better to have a lot of happy people, than to fall flat on your face and have a room of disgruntled quilters.
You already KNOW that they will tell all, about their experiences, good or bad!!!

While you have a lot of teaching experience, keep in mind that yes, some of the skills are transferable, that it IS different.

Being that you have NEVER been to a quilting workshop before, maybe you would be best to START by attending a few to see how they are done. Not meaning to emulate them, but you can learn a lot of what to do (and not do!) and get a better feel as to what the participants want and expect and how they react!

Of course, this is JIMHO ... and I only know you from what you have put out on this thread.

Perhaps you'd be better to ask your questions to your Guild members. They know you, your abilities, how previous workshops have turned out and how the potential attendees relate to you within your local community/guild. Surely, they can guide you better than the rest of us, as they have more direct knowledge!