View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 06:12 AM
Skittl1321

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post

Being that you have NEVER been to a quilting workshop before, maybe you would be best to START by attending a few to see how they are done.
Sadly, I can't. Our guild only does them on weekdays, and I work (and they are really expensive). I've been to a few classes at stores, so I've seen how people teach quilting, I just don't know how it's done outside of 'sales pitch' mode.

I think 15 is probably the right number, and then maybe 10 for micro-quilting. That's really manageable, even if I get a few people who ignore the skill requirement (I once went to an 'advanced' free motion quilting class; we spent 50% of the time doing stippling loops, beyond basic: because two women were 'advanced quilters' but had never done free motion ever. I was so mad! It was a huge waste of time. I'm an advanced FMQer but I'd never go to an advanced applique class!)

My teaching experience is academic (both school and outside of school extra skills), athletic (ice skating to adults and toddlers), and crafty (knitting lessons to small groups) so I think I should be able to handle quilting.