View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 07:44 AM
QuilterMomma

I like to have my quilts judged so I know that I am hitting the mark. Having an objective opinion lets me know what to improve on. I find my biggest thing is I love color and when you are judged, you are under their objective opinion of what is best to them. That is the kicker in small shows. But in bigger shows, they really do scrutinize every little inch of your quilt. I can say after speaking with some of the Best of Show winners in the big shows, that they will tell you that there are mistakes in their quilts, just not as apparent as one would think. At least I get to enjoy it. Hanging the applique one on my wall. I do need to put on the hanging sleeve. If I had to point out a possible error they may have counted me down on, is the scallops. I wonder if they were to deep. then when putting on the binding on the edges, I wanted to be sure that both my lines of quilting were apparent, I wonder if they thought it was a mistake and I did not cover up my stitching the binding on. I will see if they comment on it. then I will rip it off and redo it again just to be sure is done right before the next quilt show in October.
Yes, you need to go to a quilt show just to admire the beauty of other's work up close and personal.