View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM
romanojg

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
I just got the Ruby but havn't gotten the money to get any version yet and I don't see that changing in the near future. I was lucky enough to get the machine on payments so it'll be awhile before I get any software. Right now I'd take any version if I could afford it just to start learning. From what I've heard I'd buy the mid range one; the cheapest one for 5D does very little and I doubt that I could afford the professional level. I've been told what all it can do and I'd love to be able to play.
Wow, how things have changed. When I wrote this I would have never imagined that now I'd own a Diamond Deluxe instead of the Ruby and I do have the 5D Pro, I knew I didn't want the reg because I don't like limitations but never thought I'd get the pro but after attending a session with the Viking Educator and seeing what all can be done, I'm so glad I got the pro. Now I'm waiting to see how much of a difference 6D is and the cost for the upgrade. Sounds good so far. They come out with the new one plus several machines on the 16th and have been offering free upgrade to version 6 if you bought 5 now. I'm so glad I got my new machine and got a great deal and also my software. Very slowly starting digitizing with it and my store is setting up a retreat in Jan for digitizing in the hoop. We just had our first 3 day retreat and made a beautiful quilt from Smith Street Designs.