View Single Post
Old 09-10-2013, 12:11 PM
SueSew

I sympathize with your mom because my grandmother got the same thing back in England. Her writing was almost illegible with her right hand. But she taught me how to sew and mend and use the old treadle machine and I am left handed, so I guess she muddled through despite the schools trying to beat it out of her.

Makes me wonder what modern education ideas we have now which will be out in the trash next generation.
Originally Posted by Greeter Eva View Post
This thread is very interesting. My mom , me & 2 of my sisters are lefties. My mom was beaten in school for using her left hand , so she got next no education, but she & dad raised 8 children. She cooked & baked everything we needed & also sewed all our clothes. Very often when other people saw our clothes they would ask her to do thier sewing. I'm sure the sewing machine is made left handed.I sure can't complain about mine. That is one thing that has been made for us lefties. I have left handed scizzors, but only the handles are left handed the blades are still right handed.At least I don't get blisters when I have a lot of cutting to do.