View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 03:06 AM
ckcowl
Power Poster

there are a number of products on the market for printing pictures on fabric for quilts- it is important to read the packages and buy the one that meets your requirements, some are washable-some dry cleanable, some made for wall hangings, items that will not be washed. it is also important to follow the instructions once you choose which one you want to use- for heat setting, rinsing, what ever the instructions say---follow them----for the best results. I took a large picture to a print shop one time- because it was too large for me to copy it on my home printer- they 'guy' said ' oh- certainly, we can put that onto your fabric for you- we've done a few of these lately' so I left it, knowing when to go back to pick it up...it was like a t-shirt decal- rubbery, thick when I picked up the picture- not at all what I had 'thought' I would be getting. I used it-but was kind of disappointed- since when you print your own they are soft, does not change the 'hand' of the fabric at all- they are just like any printed fabric---I have not tried a commercial method since, so I don't know if all the places willing do it the same way as the one I used (OfficeMax) its easy to do your own though (as long as they are printer paper sized) just follow the instructions.