Old 09-11-2013, 05:41 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

QNSue ... no not gone ... just busy, trying to cram the catch up, and do things before I take off again, so have not been around as much.

Yes, only six minutes or so .... but the time does not take away the risks and concerns. It's serious stuff ... and one needs to be sure to follow the pre/post-op instructions. If there is anything you are unsure about, ask the Dr, and do not make your own assumptions or interpretations. Better to err on the side of caution!

About the pre/post eye drops ... you will not find that they affect you much, other than for a few minutes around putting them in, you may find your vision a bit blurrier than normal. Depending on what kind it is, you might find a burn in your throat from post-nasal drip ... simply enough countered/prevented by pinching your nose for a few minutes after. I found the best thing to do was to put the eye drops in, and then lay down for a few minutes .......... a sneaky way to get a few minutes rest, all on Dr's orders!!! Plus I just felt it was good to let them "soak" in for a bit ... and I could pinch to avoid that burn!

The important/critical thing is to FOLLOW the instructions ... if you are told they are to be one hour apart, or four hours apart (or whatever!) , DO EXACTLY what they say and don't turn one into two or four into six, etc!!! I set the alarm on my phone for the time, so I do not miss doing it. Likewise, take heed as to how active/inactive you can be, particularly post-op.

Because of my other eye issues, I've been eye-dropping for 14 yrs now (and will for the rest of my life) .... I still need a mirror, but the rest I've got down pat!! To me, it's a small price, to keep my vision ...... and freedom!

Good Luck!!!!!!!!!