View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 09:12 AM
SandyinZ4

I might as well jump in to the middle of this conversation because something keeps bugging the back of my mind. I really do understand the part about making each ROUND alternately 4.5 or 6.5 unfinished wide before attaching...I really do. But what I don't understand is...say (just for examples) the center block to begin with is 19.25 or 23.75???? Wouldn't that make a difference in how the next round would fit on??? Am I explaining myself well? If you had block patterns that were 3.5 unfinished (just an example...mine aren't that) and tried to make them fit onto a length of one of the above measurements, it would not reach across and a person would have to adjust the blocks so to speak. So the conclusion I am coming to is that each person has to figure out a border that fits around the previous round and make it fit but mainly be sure that the WIDTH is either 4.5 or 6.5 (4.25 after sewn on or 6.25 after sewn on). Is that correct? Not trying to make this harder... just trying to get my mind wrapped around it. :-) Jaba...I will post pic when I receive! :-)