Thread: Unwanted ads
View Single Post
Old 09-11-2013, 10:05 AM
gale

Originally Posted by Kcmomto2 View Post
but, since she told me she "only uses real computers", couldn't tell me where to find one.
In my view, if you are a webmaster and care about your user's interface experience, you will be on top of how your site appears on ALL devices your users are likely to be on.
Wow, seriously?? I do use a desktop computer but I know a lot more people that use ipads now and I'd say it's a good enough split to make sure your website works with them. If adblock didn't work for me here I would say there's a 100% chance I'd never come here. Small static ads are one thing. Blinking, flashing, moving, pop-up or other totally obnoxious ads-no way. Life's too short. lol

I also frequent a scrapbooking board that has ads and luckily, adblock works there too. They don't seem to have pop up ads but they have moving and blinking ones. So annoying and it usually gives me a headache. But again, not sure how it works with an ipad. I could say that if all you ipad owners had android instead, there are probably a lot more apps for stuff like this. lol. iOS is a bit stifling IMO.