View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 04:34 AM
Bneighbor

My husband owns his own business (almost 40 years, wow went by fast), he owns a truck/semi-tractor trailer shop. If I need a particular service, I check with him as to which of his customers I should call. He works on many "trade" customers. I have called his plumbers, window repair, electricians, etc. My thought has always been that these business support us and we should support them. Almost all of them have been wonderful, prices reasonable, service techs polite, work done timely. After the job was done, I would tell them that we repair their equipment, and most were surprised why I called them to do our work, happy to be used for that reason. One thought I was looking for the job for nothing (absolutely not) or that I was tricking them. I shop local and support local....but the big box stores are also "local". We do repair their equipment, so I do shop their too. If you get to know the employees personally, on a friendly level, you will get the service you are looking for. By the way, those employees at those big box stores are you neighbors. Their children go to school with your children. Pay property taxes, buy groceries, enjoy living in YOUR neighborhood.