View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 09:23 AM
AlaskaAlice

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
...never having done this I need some instructions......do you just keep sewing scraps together until you have made a piece of fabric, so to speak, or are you using something as a foundation--muslin/paper..........sounds like fun!!!!!!
Muslin or paper or pages from an old phone book work very well.. I like to use muslin.. You can draw lines to do traditional piecing or just start sewing adding little pieces together and sewing them on where ever they fit ...which is my favorite.. I like to start sometimes by fussy cutting an animal, flower, or special piece and then crazy piece random anything that will fit ..or even sew two or three pieces together to make a strip that will fit the space I even use dryer sheets for a foundation. or I have rolls of paper adding machine tape I sew the pieces on and then ripe of the paper.. never waste a thread .. I lots of time sort scraps in color ways and put them in zip lock bags until I am ready to cut crumbs and cover them with tulle and make paintings...