Thread: Mom Sayings
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2013, 07:30 PM
stablemom
Banned

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
"Oh go fall on your head" when we were needling her in a good humored way (she used to say our heads were hard we wouldn't get hurt if we fell on them)
"I'll give you something to cry about" when we were already crying (never understood that one)

But most of all I remember her trying to figure out my name (I'm the youngest of 4), for a while I thought my full name was "Rich, I mean Bob, I mean Deb, I mean Sue".
My mom did the same thing with me, I was the last of 4 kids, 3 girls and if she was upset and calling me I would hear "Paula, Carla, Gina get down here!!! lol....

In my family you knew when Mom called you by your first and middle name , it was serious so get front and center fast!

She didn't get upset too much. I think I only got 2 spankings in my life. She is only 5 feet tall, and was a kindergarden teacher and just knew how to handle little kids.

I never had a curfew growing up, but she had me so well trained that as long as I lived at home (til 24 years old) I would tell her where I was going, who I would be with. And I would even call her sometimes if the plans changed!!! Who does this with there parents this day and age!!!!