Thread: Mom Sayings
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 03:54 AM
Edie

When we were kids (my two sisters and I), we never put things back where they belonged or returned things so she would say and I'll always remember her for this one (she died 1-1/2 months ago - 96) "Never empty handed to the kitchen go",
Easy to remember, to the point and thinking it might be a threat or something, we returned everything all the time.

This was a wonderful nostalgic thread.

I always said to our son when he was doing his crocodile thing - You want something to cry about?????? I'll give you something to cry about.'

Have a great day! Edie

Or the time my sister and I had come home from lunch and we were happy and whatever, looking forward to a nice lunch and we got the giggles, so much so that we were snorting milk out of our nostrils (that's gross). Well, she made us get up, took our chairs into the living put the chairs in front of each other and made us sit down facing each other and very nicely said "NOW LAUGH." Needless to say, the whole lunch turned into tears, didn't get to finish our lunch before we went back to school and always remembered to save our outrageous giggles for a time we weren't drinking milk.

We never figured out why the giggles and the laughs wouldn't come. Lesson learned! Good Mother. Thanks, oh wise one!!!!!!

Now the son has his sayings - Granddaughter says "Dad I got an A in my advanced math test." "Oh Good, now I don't have to beat you tonight." The kids would laugh like crazy!

Last edited by Edie; 09-13-2013 at 03:58 AM.