View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 03:36 PM
Baren*eh*ked_canadian

Our Christmases are pretty complicated.
We usually don't do anything at our house, we don't have kids yet (still in the oven) but I'm sure we will just settle for a home Christmas next year.
On Christmas eve, my mother in law prepares this huge fancy hors d'oeuvre selection and we get dressed up and go to their church. They're not religeous at all, but it's a tradition, we go for 10:00 mass on Christmas eve. Anyway, then we come home, open the wine and all the rest of that stuff, eat all that nice food (I don't drink) then we do presents and dancing and fun until like 4 am. Sasha and I usually leave around 2-2:30 ish and drive out to my parents' place which is about an hour or so away, we let ourselves in and go sleep in the bed downstairs. (that way we don't have to get up early and drive out in the cold, we can sort of sleep in like everyone else) Then Christmas morning we get up, my parents throw some goodies in the oven like cinamon rolls, and we open stockings while we wait for breakfast. Then we open all the big gifts.
This year, we're poor as dirt, so Sasha and I are only exchanging one gift for eachother instead one for each gift-opening. We're buying eachother new dance shoes for ballroom dancing, we're both due for new shoes and they're bloody expensive!
Anyway, my parents make a turkey lunch with all the fixings and we eat like hogs till we're stuffed bigger than the turkey, then we leave mid-afternoon and go BACK to the in-laws' place for the big turkey supper. Rarely do we see so much good food in a 24 hour period, WOW.

OK, that was long winded, lol!