View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 08:01 AM
AUQuilter

I would take a deep breath and then set the timer for 30 minutes after getting these items. Some items I would need are the following: 2 Gallon and 1 Gallon ZipLock bags, clear shoe boxes, velvet flocked pant hangers (I use a flocked 4 pant hanger for completed tops waiting to go to quilter), index cards, pens or pencils and a few larger totes or even brown paper bags (I like sorting in them because they stand on their own and even if you leave them out- they still look organized if labeled). Once done with the paper bags, fold flat and use for patterns or another sorting session. Next hang all finished tops with binding/backing on a hanger. The flocked hangers or even wooden pant hangers are strong enough to hold the top and binding fabric. Label index card and poke hole so you can put on top of the hanger. Next stand up a few brown paper bags and label "scraps", "patterns", "misc", "quilt for XXX", "DONATE or SHARE" ... Then empty just one of your bag/box and sort (if you need to label more brown paper bags, do so). Do this until timer goes off then take a 10 minute break and head back in for another 30 minute session. For fabric pieces, I ruler fold and sort by color, batiks, or by holiday/civil war/1930s and even by line. Over the course of a few weeks, you can conquer this. Please keep us posted.

Last edited by AUQuilter; 09-13-2013 at 08:05 AM.