View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 09:54 AM
mpeters1200

I have an autistic son with a great eye for color but he hates trips to joann's because his mom can't tell the difference between pink and orange. I was graphing out a pattern once and he came up behind me and just looked at it. I asked if he liked it. He just looked at me and said, you are off by half an inch on those A blocks mom. If you make over 100 blocks, that's 50 inches and then you will get mad at the Wonky Fairies. Then he just turned around and walked away.

He does like it when I graph things out because he can do the math to double check "my homework". I hope someday I can get him interested. He loves geometric shapes so much and can just move them around in his head instead of me doing it on the design wall.

What a blessing she is! And she knows how to pin seams, so she's obviously been paying attention to mom at the machine.

When my son comes across my pinned seams or cut pieces or whatever it is I'm working on, he lets me know I'm using the pins in the wrong order. Took me forever to figure out what he was talking about. ROYGBP - color of the rainbow.

I know your heart must have been overflowing when you were working on it together!