View Single Post
Old 09-13-2013, 10:32 AM
debbiemarie

Get a book case, cut out cardboard pieces so they will fit the verticle and depth dimensions of the bookcase. Use on piece of cardboard for each piece of fabric big enough to fit around the cardboard and pin the fabric in place after wrapping it up. Put small pieces in a plastic tub container. All your fabrics will be visible, you can arrange them by color so it looks like a rainbow. It sounds fun I want to come over and help you. Also you can get those hanging shelves made of thick fabric at Walmart, meant to put sweaters in, well I would fold up your quilts and batting and put in those pockets, they come in several sizes. Make sure you get a bookcase big enough for all your fabrics. I don't have a place for a bookcase so I have one of those plastic drawer rolling carts in the closet. I don't like it because it leans from the weight of the fabric and the drawers are super hard to get back in, my husband has to do it for me, and I can't move the closet sliding door to open the other side of the closet until the drawers have been pushed back in. Those hanging shelves might not be too hard to make??? they velcro to a hanger rod. The biggest expense will be the bookcase, but I would get a nice quality one and bolt it to the wall to be safe because the fabric is very heavy. I would get a tall one if possible with large space shelves, a tall one definitely needs to be screwed into the wall. My husband made a hole on the top shelf, on the back against the wall, try and find a stud to bolt into. Good luck and God bless you.