Old 09-13-2013, 04:29 PM
jlhmnj

[QUOTE=dixieheartless;6291891]I stumbled across this wonderful board last night while trying to research my "new" treadle machine. We always knew it was my great-grandmother's with a possible story of it being her mother's. The machine has NO markings on it other than "Use only genuine needles (blah blah blah)", a serial # of what looks to be 2998004 with a tiny E above that (or it could be an F) and two 4(s) above and to the left of the E (which is sideways). Then, that's to a different forum and someone's restoration, I looked and found "Eldredge" on the shuttle, which with a little research revealed that the machine is my great-great-granmother's as ggma was born in 1896. What I'm having trouble with and hoping someone can point me in some sort of direction is getting a more accurate year. The only serial # list I found for Eldredge lists only 6 digit #s and mine is 7
Any help/insight/advice you can provide is greatly appreciated. I can provide any additional info or pictures need or want to see.

You can try the National SM Group which includes Eldredge brand name:

http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/nsmco/info