Old 09-14-2013, 07:13 AM
Sunflowerzz

I am very new to vintage machines. I bought three recently, The only thing I looked at was motor size and if I liked the overall look. One of them I got in the cabinet I wanted. I didn't want the machine but after finding this forum I think I will keep it because it is a desirable model of Pfaff. I started by downloading free manuals and had to purchase one on ebay. Yesterday I started reading the manual for the Elna Supermatic. Then I cleaned it up. Then I oiled it according to the manual and from everything I learned on this forum. Fired it up and it purred and ran perfectly. The Pfaff unfortunately needs to be stripped of all paint and repainted before I can do much else because of the severe flaking of the original paint and many bare spots on it. The White needs all new electrical cords before I start on it. So each machine is different but basically I will do the needed major repairs, then clean, oil and test. Some I plan to repaint in fun colors if I like restoring these vintage machines. So far I love it.