View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 12:29 PM
grammasharon

Post Thank you!

Originally Posted by grammasharon View Post
I am guessing I didn't communicate well what I was really wanting to know. Maybe if I try again. I want the border to be part of the twister, if that is possible. So would I cut 5" squares and add them as rows on the top and bottom borders so that I get my seams and add one 5" block on the beginning and end of each row? Or could I just make it part of the twister by just adding straight borders and then cutting the twister on the first row? I'm not even sure that it would look ok. Ideas please

Thank you so much for your wonderful ideas. I was told to cut one row and then before cutting another row to sew the first one together and make sure that I laid them down when I cut the pieces in the order they were cut! I know this is good advice because one of the ladies at the last quilting retreat didn't pay attention and 2 other gals stayed up until 3:00 am trying to help her. Needless to say, they could not get it put together. Because of that I was leery of making one but loved how they looked but with your help and advice I am ready to go!!