Old 09-14-2013, 04:11 PM
miriam
Power Poster

WHEE!!!!! You know you have FRIENDS FOR LIFE when they come and camp in the yard and then help move 168 sewing machines. WOW! Thanks! Glenn and Pat are the best! We got the old shop pretty much cleaned out and the new one stuffed with machines. Glenn and I made a BASTARD treadle this afternoon - sounds bad... It was an old Singer base and a top that used to hold a 66. The two cabinets married and we have a Singer 306 in a treadle. It isn't done yet.... Monday we have a few more to try to fix up. Does anybody need a fiddle base cabinet and irons? I have one that needs a good home. It is a reasonable price (what I paid) if you can pick it up. To ship it would be an arm and a leg and a pint of blood and your first born.... I could send it to Huntsville when Glenn goes home if someone can pick it up there or pick up here or somewhere in between. PM if you think you can do something. This is an empty treadle base and cabinet. It is marked Margarette or something like that. I also have some old Sears electric type cabinets if you can pick up - VERY reasonable. Everything has been moved but NOT SORTED out - that might take 6 months or so. Glenn says I need to get rid of a lot of it... True. True. I will have to figure out where all my various machines are hiding - cases all look alike. Pat labeled some but the guys were moving them pretty quickly. We must have found a good dozen empty cases I didn't know were in there - we just have to put machines without cases in them! We haven't moved things like stray foot petals, motors and some of the attachments. I have no idea where some of it is going to go. That empty room sure did shrink when Phil got the shelves up and then we filled them. I need to figure out a system for stashing stuff more efficiently than I have had. I'm not terribly organized.