View Single Post
Old 09-14-2013, 09:14 PM
QKO

Welcome to QB from western Nevada! I have pretty much the same setup - The Viking 9" Megaquilter is the same machine as the GQ, as is the Janome P1600. All are made by Janome, IIRC.

I had mine on the later version of the Inspira frame, the Next Gen, pretty much the same as the Inspira with a few changes. Also have the stitch regulator.

I took the Mega off of the frame because I found I really didn't care for frame quilting, and really like FMQ better. Nothing wrong with the setup, it's very smooth and works well, I just found I liked sitting down and moving the fabric better. So the frame and stich controller is for sale now.

I really love the Megaquilter - it's a workhorse with really no issues. Have never had any trouble with tension on all kinds of thread (as long as you use decent thread. It likes to be cleaned and oiled frequently. It has all the features one needs for FMQ or for the frame. The only thing I'd like is a larger throat for big projects - big quilts get a bit unwieldy. So someday I'm going to move up to a big sitdown machine with a big desk.