View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 06:35 AM
goodwitch

Default Life is like a crossword puzzle

An employee has been with the company for 20 years and she turned 65 years old this year. I got the idea to make a crossword puzzles quilt because she likes to do the daily crossword puzzle and word searches. Hence, the quilt is named "Life Is Like A Crossword Puzzle." I selected the answers to the puzzle to reflect other things from her life which includes a collection of frogs, Tweety bird, and what she does at work everyday. The hearts reflect her favorite song and surviving cancer. Pink is her favorite color so the pink backing with a Frog Princess was perfect. The quilt label is a Frog Prince (her husband). I quilted it in squares so it looks like a crossword puzzle. The two frogs are purchased appliques, but Tweety and the Frog Prince are my own applique patterns. I thought the quilt would also be a nice memory quilt if she decides to retire soon.
Attached Thumbnails life-like-crossword-puzzle-9.14.2013.jpg   frogs-9.14.2013.jpg   tweety-9.14.2013.jpg   let-me-call-you-sweetheart-9.14.2013.jpg   frog-prince-label-9.14.2013.jpg