Old 09-15-2013, 07:33 AM
Quilty-Louise
Banned

I know what you mean about having fun at the Floriani Event, the lady
who did our seminar was from TN and her name was Alette, she had us
all in stitches ("pun intended").

A week later I went to the dealer where I buy my machines for the
"unveiling" of the new machines coming out in 2014, the new Brother
Quattro Trilogy, the new Viking, Juki Air-threading Serger (I WANT that)
and the new Brother Scan n Cut.

I wanted ALL the new machines, and I was so envious of a few of the
ladies at that unveiling show who just pulled out their check books and
wrote checks for the new machines. One lady purchased OVER $85,000
worth of machines, (including a 6 & 10 needle Brother). I just had to
walk away and not purchase any new machines at least not until I can
get a full time job again that pays decent.

Originally Posted by romanojg View Post
So, I went to the Floriani show yesterday and I had so much fun. They had a new person this year, Kathi and she was the funniest and there is no way anyone could have ever fallen asleep in her class. I was doing really well. I knew I wouldn't be buying software because I have the 5D pro and with and my machine still having payments made, no new ones coming. Then I saw the new quilting software and would and did want to buy it so badly. Was very tempted especially after they got my credit approved to shop. But, there was something that I really wanted and I wanted to limit myself, so I used a little self control. Brother has a new scanner out and you can take any design, drawing and scan it into the machine, put a piece of fabric on the mat run it thru the scanner and out comes your cut design; how awesome is that. I'm thinking, how much time it'll save me when I'm doing the happy daisey quilt. Then this morning I'm watching Sewing with Nancy Z and they are doing 30 min doll clothes and I look at the pieces they've cut out, those will fit into my scanner, another time saving feature. It doesn't come out until Oct but the savings was great. I did also buy some stabilizer and a kit for their newest thread, 60 weight, which is great when doing intriqute designs or small fonts, it keeps them looking like they should. I still really want the quilting software but I will wait and also checkout Vikings. The thing that I do like about Brothers is that there is never an upgrade fee and no dongle to worry about. Now I have a credit card for Brother (Tidewater sew n vac) and Viking (Bella's) so I'm set to go. The next two things that I want to get once my machine is paid off is a regular machine to carry to classes since my daughter took off (approved by me) with my Kenmore and the other is a 10 or higher needle machine. The newest one now has the scanner and camera feature on them. Imagine what they'll have next yr when they come around again and my machines are paid off.

It was great that the designs this yr was different from the ones last yr and so was the thread even though the spools were smaller this yr. I had a good time and learned lots and can't wait for my scanner/cutter that comes with classes. Yeah.