View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 12:28 PM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by charismah View Post
I am not sure what the name of this pattern is? Maybe someone else can fill us in.

Judy sent this to me. I am not sure what Judy's QB name is?....We met at a show last fall in Portland. She is a kindred spirit and now my friend.

Judy made this quilt for her granddaughter for a Christmas gift. There is plenty of white space so I could play....quilters love "white space" ....right?

I wanted to play on the circles or wreaths that the stars form. So I added a spiral in the center of each one....I quilted continuous curves in all of the HST's... so they would stand out. In all of my feathers I made a spiral or swirl effect to add motion and interest. I used charisma curls as a filler. I am in love with the finished result. Judy loves it too. I had to send it back right away or lose a friend......cause I would have wanted to keep it. Usually, quilters don't like people stealing their quilts.....so I thought I better not try to keep it! LOL

Anyway ..Thanks for looking. I appreciate it very much!
Many Blessings!
C

Charisma - you are simply AMAZING!! Your talent and ability to design just the right quilting pattern or design for each quilt top is just phenomenal to me...........THANKS for posting these........sure missed seeing your work and hearing from you and am so glad that you are back active on the Board!