View Single Post
Old 09-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by Pete View Post
Help! Is there a good site that would tell me how to load an embroidery disc to the computer and then to a USB stick? I have all these programs I have been buying and don't know waht to do with them. Thanks!
I got a program that organizes my designs (sometimes trying to find them is a REAL PAIN!!

I have the 5D professional software system, and within that application there is 5D organizer - and I can store my designs in that section........so when I download a design, I save it (temporarily) to my desktop. I then copy that file, and paste it into the folder (in my case 5D organizer sub folder) where I store my designs on my C drive...........then - once I have confirmed the entire design and any related pdf files for instructions have copied over, I delete the file from my desktop. When I need to transfer the design to my machine, I locate the design file in that 5D organizer sub folder, right click to copy, then I select the drive for the USB stick (generally the E drive) and paste the design into the USB stick............NOTE - the computerized embroidery machines DO NOT LIKE USB sticks that are larger than 2G of storage.......and try not to get the ones that have pre-loaded stuff like SCANDISC..........they confuse the heck out of the machines from time to time..........

Sure hope this helps.........feel free to PM me if you like...........I do a lot of machine embroidery......