View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 04:46 AM
romanojg

When I move into my larger room I'm going to get the totes (that I normally don't like to use) that stack on top of each other but, they open on the side so that you don't have to unstack them to get to what you want. The side lids are see thru and like I said you can stack them but still have easy access. Right now I love my system, I have the cube bookcases from Walmarts stacked 2 high and I have 4 so that gives me 36 cubes, some I have the canvas cube totes in and some not. If I put projects into the canvas totes then I take a picture and pin it to the outside so that I can see easily whats inside and not forget about it. I have a tall bookcase like from Office Max and then took one of the removeable shelves out and went to Lowes and had more shelves made the same size (very cheap) then added them to the bookcase. This allowed me to have shorter stacks of folded fabric and color sort better. I do not do the ruler fold I just figured out what was the best size for the shelves and then it was easy to figure out a way to fold them all so they were neat. It was so great getting my fabric out of totes because I never realized how much I had so now I buy very little fabric. Now I don't have bolts of fabric but what I have makes me happy