View Single Post
Old 09-16-2013, 07:37 AM
QuilterMomma

Great Ideas Ladies!!!! I promise to show a progress photo as I go here. The pile is still there. I do have my quilts to be quilted hanging up so that I know what needs to be done. I have picking thru the stack of batting there and using it up. I just can't let that stuff go to waste. I really do need to get my yardage pieces out of there so I can then see just the scraps. I have taken what I know to be projects and put them into seperate containers and bags. The WIPs and UFOs are all together now into containers so they can be finished up. I am up close to 10 UFOs again and 30 or so WIPs. I have to quit pulling fabric for projects to do.
Now to get these on their way. I told DH that I should just sit down and start sewing them together without worrying about color and perfection, just get them into a crazy scrap quilt and call it good. I know I have muslin squares that I keep in a pile when I use muslin for foundations for jackets. Then I could get some headway on what is actual yardage, fat quarter size scraps, and larger pieces for appliques. I may also make a couple bins and cut up to 5" squares and 2.5" squares. Those are some adequate sizes. I do have bins of 1" squares started, I should put those pieces in them as well. I know insane on the 1" squares, but they are fun to see sewn up.