View Single Post
Old 11-30-2009, 09:23 PM
Rhonda
Power Poster

Originally Posted by kwhite
My Husband came in the house and said he was going to "red up" the living room. I told him he was NOT going to paint anything red in my house. Then he tells me it means "clean up" round here. New one on me. And the road is called Macadam.

This is a bit diffrent but it will show you where I live. I was going to work and the announcer came on the radio and said that Ferguson Valley road was closed at the big oak tree. I went to work in the courthouse and said to my co-workers, "please tell me there s a business on Ferguson Valley Road called the big oak tree!" NOPE it is really a tree and everyone in the county knows where it is. And don't try to get directions unless you know where the tree got hit by lightning in 72 or where Yogi wrecked his truck in 86 or where Joe's fruit farm was in 82, cause if you don't know things like this you will never get there.
We do that alot here in SE Iowa too. I find myself doing it. I was telling my DH where someone lived and it was in Old Doc's house. Never mind they haven't lived there in 25 years!

When you go to my grandfather's it is turn at Brazeal's corner. or someone will tell you to go by Four Corners. Now mind there are 3 differant country crossroads called this in 3 differant counties that are within 15 mins of us.