Old 09-17-2013, 06:49 AM
ArchaicArcane

Originally Posted by ggenovez View Post
My question is do these people have endless money? doesn't ebay charge something to list it?
Last time I looked, admittedly some time ago: Only if it sells. That's the catch. they can display their collection all they want, and it doesn't cost them a cent til it sells.

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
What I can't seem to understand is how so many people think their crap machine is worth so much money? Is it all over the country all over the world or just this continent??? I can understand those kinds of prices if it is fewer misguided people - sure see it a lot.
I think this thread is proof it's all over the world. It's longevity says it's not getting better either.

This is one way the Internet is a "bad" thing.
People do a search on the item they have. They see a wide range of prices. Well, mine is at least as good as the best one... (not bothering to figure out how theirs looks compared to others) invariably, they'll come across a "Rare, Industrial Strength, Magic Bean growing, sews through tin cans and Anvils type listing and figure theirs is at least $50 better than that.

Those are the ones who look it up.

The ones who don't.... I got nuthin.